Rosalind Jones joins the Injured Senior Podcast to educate us on caregiving and how it is replacing long term care facilities. Rosalind is a seasoned health care provider who built upon her strong medical foundation by opening Jacksonville’s Best Caregivers, an organization that provides short and long-term health care.
Rosalind confirms that caregivers can provide more than a facility can. There is more one on one human connection, and that person’s quality of life can extend 3-5 years. Being at home gives people an extended period of life; they are more comfortable, can get their hair done, go to the movies, and get the human interaction they need.
Long-term care facilities are necessary later on in a person’s illness or age, as opposed to early on. This is because technology and medicine allow people to live in the comfort of their home.
In This Episode:
- [05:00] Meet Rosalind Jones.
- [6:22] Rosalind shares how she started in caregiving. She began as a sitter in the hospital with on the job training
- [12:15] Sometimes people are afraid to ask for help. They are afraid their car, house, or identity will be taken away from them. This can cause isolation.
- [12:40] Now that caregiving is an industry, is it replacing the nursing home
- [16:50] What caregivers can give, that facilities cannot
- We have all been caregivers
- The role of the caregiver is to come in and monitor the health of your loved ones, monitor that they are taking medication. Care can range from just checking in, to full time
- You can be a caregiver on a long term or short term basis, depending on if it’s a slip or a disease.
- Technology and medicine are keeping people healthy longer. Facilities are now needed later, as opposed to early on.
Meet Rosalind Marshall-Jones
Rosalind Marshall-Jones is an innovative speaker with more than fifteen years of progressive experience as an entrepreneur and leader in the caregiving industry. Rosalind has an extensive medical background that afforded her the opportunity to see the gap and need for quality care. As a seasoned health care provider, Rosalind built upon her strong medical foundation, by opening Jacksonville’s Best Caregivers, an organization that provides short and long-term health care.
Jacksonville’s Best Caregivers YouTube: