Advances in medical care and enhanced availability of medical care have made surgeries much more common than they were even a generation ago. Anesthesia is a necessary component of a medical procedure to alleviate discomfort, prevent the patient from moving and allow the surgeon to perform the surgery properly and correctly. However, as the number of medical procedures in this country has increased, so have the number of anesthesia errors. These errors can result in permanent disability, wrongful death and change lives forever. If you or someone you care for has been injured or killed due to an anesthesiologist’s error, Baltimore anesthesia error lawyers such as Steven H. Heisler may be able to help.
Lawyers Helping People
Anesthesia errors resulting in injury or death to a patient may be medical negligence. While most Maryland anesthesia error injuries occur in hospitals, these medical errors can happen in any medical facility where medical professionals or anesthesiologists administer anesthetic to patients, including the offices of dentists, physicians and outpatient care facilities. The anesthesiologist, the anesthetic, the equipment used to deliver the anesthesia and other factors as follows can cause anesthesia errors:
- Using improperly calibrated or malfunctioning anesthetic equipment
- Dosage errors
- Allergic reactions to the anesthesia
- Administering inadequate doses of anesthesia which cause the patient to wake up during the procedure
- Failing to provide adequate monitoring of a patient’s condition while under the influence of the anesthetic
- Using the wrong anesthesia on the patient
- Failing to position breathing tubes correctly which causes inadequate oxygen flow to the patient
- Complications and interactions with other medication which result in injury or death of the patient
- Many other situations where medical negligence results in a patient suffering injury or dying
Working Hard to Help Victims and Families
Assisting clients with anesthesia error an anesthesiologist malpractice cases requires a great deal of experience and knowledge of proper medical procedures, interpretation of medical records and other information critically important in preparing an anesthesia error case. Baltimore medical malpractice attorney Steven H. Heisler has many years of experience assisting clients in anesthesia error cases. If you or someone you care for has been injured or lost, he may be able to help you recover the compensation to which you are entitled to under the law. Before you sign any documents, contact attorney Steven H. Heisler for experienced medical negligence representation.