In This Episode:
- [02:25] Meet Joe Casciani. Joe explains why older adults get depressed.
- [08:00] How chronic mental disorders will accompany medical conditions in older individuals.
- [09:50] Dr. Casciani reveals ways to overcome depression.
- [16:30] The importance of exercise on our mental health.
- [19:30] About the Living to 100 Club.
- [24:00] How we can start living a better and more fulfilling life.
- Older adults have more life stressors; therefore, they are more prone to depression.
- Depression will narrow our perspective.
- We need to observe our self-talk. When we have a setback, we need to accept it, fix it, and move on.
- Staying physically active will assist with depression & living longer.
Meet Dr. Joe Casciani
Joseph M. Casciani, PhD, is the founder and Chief Curator of the Living to 100 Club, the author’s new voice for delivering recommendations and inspiration about aging with a positive mindset – no matter how hard the journey. His insights about living longer, healthier, and happier lives reflect the author’s experience with older adults and their families, with paid and unpaid caregivers, writing and public speaking, and the hundreds of mental health professionals and scores of hospitals and long-term care facilities with whom he has worked with since the early 1980s. After four decades of clinical work, Dr. Casciani is now powering a positive attitude about aging through this new book, Living Longer IS the New Normal, through membership in his Living to 100 Club, and through his live weekly radio show on aging and longevity