In this episode of The Injured Senior Podcast, I explain the devastating impact strokes have on seniors and why the use of saunas can reduce the chance of a stroke. Strokes cause more significant long-term disability than any other disease, and seniors are at higher risk for stroke. Today I share my experience with dry saunas and how I used the sauna to recover from a serious upper respiratory problem I had in the past.
- There are a lot of health problems that regular sauna use can help to prevent.
- Stroke reigns as the fourth leading cause of death in the U.S
- Ischemic stroke is caused by a blood clot or blocked artery leading to the brain.
- A broken blood vessel is usually the cause of Hemorrhagic stroke. This causes bleeding in the brain which leads to problems with speaking, thinking, or walking.
- A study published in The Journal of Neurology says that older adults who regularly sit in a hot sauna are less likely to suffer from a stroke.
- Dry saunas have hot rocks inside where you pour water over it, where it causes to give off dry heat.
To find out more about the National Injured Senior Law Center or to set up a free consultation, go to https://www.injuredseniorhotline.com/ or call 855-622-6530
CONNECT WITH STEVE H. HEISLER: