Maryland Medical Malpractice Lawyers
We trust medical professionals to provide timely, effective and appropriate care. But though we place our lives in doctors' hands, medical malpractice is a pervasive and devastating problem in this country.
- Cases of medical malpractice are not only a common problem - it's a commonly misunderstood and heavy regulated aspect of the law.
- A new baby is supposed to be a precious milestone in the life of any family. But what happens when a birth goes wrong?
- Any type of medicine-related mistake that is made by a doctor or health care provider is known as a medication error.
- As with other types of medical malpractice, dental malpractice takes place at an alarming rate. When a dental patient suffers from serious physical injury or death due to substandard care they should consult with an attorney.
- As the number of medical procedures in this country has increased, so have the number of anesthesia errors. These errors can result in permanent disability, wrongful death and change lives forever.
- Every year more than one million people are diagnosed with cancer, including breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, ovarian cancer, and skin cancer. If your doctor failed to diagnose your cancer in a timely manner you may have a cancer misdiagnosis case.
In-Depth: Learning more about Medical Malpractice Injuries
do i have a case?
Let down by the healthcare industry? We won't breach our duty. Full Investigations.Free Case Review
We Only Get Paid if You Win.
Do you have a claim? Find Out. Our Maryland medical malpractice attorneys will craft your legal strategy, help address your financial worries, handle the investigation and discovery processes and walk beside you each step of the way. All on a contingency fee basis.
Yes, we offer free consultations. Contact Us Now. Why Wait?
May 24, 2018
May 3, 2018
April 30, 2018
Medical Malpractice Settlement: $850,000.00 A single male with no children, died the day after being discharged from a Baltimore City hospital. He had been treated for pneumonia. He was released from the hospital and the following day died as a result of fluid buildup in his lungs. Attorney Steve Heisler and associate counsel sued the hospital on behalf of the client's family claiming his client was discharged prematurely, and that the hospital was negligent as a result. The case settled for $850,000.00.
What Does Medical Malpractice Compensation Cover?
Victims of medical malpractice can claim a number of different types of damages. These include compensatory damages and punitive damages. Compensatory damages are amounts of money paid for the actual loss, including the cost of past and future treatment, rehabilitation, drugs, domestic and nursing services, and expenses associated with the injury, including loss of future income. They can also include damages for hard-to-estimate costs such as loss of consortium and pain and suffering. Punitive damages are awarded in order to punish a medical practitioner who is found of malicious intent and are usually only meted out in extreme cases.
An experienced medical malpractice attorney will be able to listen to the facts of your case, conduct a thorough investigation, and help you devise a legal strategy for obtaining compensation for your injuries. Due to the involvement of insurance companies and defendants who can afford a strong legal team, it’s a good idea to equip yourself with an attorney who has extensive experience in the in and outs of medical malpractice. Not every medical malpractice claim will hold up in court. However, the only way to determine this is through a thorough case review.
What Our Clients Have to Say
Toya HillSuitland, MD
Tony HamiltonCumberland, MD
Adolph PiccioniSalisbury, MD