Injured in an Accident with an Uninsured/Underinsured Driver
All but two states in the country require that drivers purchase auto liability insurance, and the other two states have provisions to protect drivers from damages caused by uninsured or underinsured motorists. Despite mandatory motorist insurance laws, which have been in place for many years, some motorists continue to illegally drive their vehicles with no insurance or have insurance with coverage below their state’s minimum coverage amount. When these irresponsible motorists injure another person or property in an uninsured motorist accident or when a motorist’s insurance is inadequate to cover the costs of an accident, having the assistance of a Baltimore car accident lawyer such as Steven H. Heisler can be very helpful.
Experienced Baltimore Car Accident Attorney
When an uninsured motorist injures someone, the injured party’s own uninsured/underinsured coverage may not provide enough compensation to cover the damages. If a motorist who has purchased the bare minimum liability coverage injures someone, the injured party must also rely on their uninsured/underinsured coverage, which may or may not adequately compensate the victim. In either case, having the assistance of an experienced lawyer can make a huge difference in how much compensation the injured party receives from the insurance company and how quickly they receive it. In fact, it’s highly recommended to consult with an attorney before filing a claim to ensure that:
- The injured party’s rights are protected
- The insurance company provides the compensation the victim is entitled to in a timely manner
- The underinsured driver’s insurance company honors their responsibilities to the injured party
- Someone who has detailed knowledge of the laws that apply is looking out for the injured party’s interests
- The injured party receives the compensation they deserve to help with medical expenses, lost wages, buying another vehicle, ongoing medical care, and other accident-related expenses
Aggressively Protecting the Rights of Clients
If you or someone you care for has been injured by an uninsured or underinsured motorist, Steven Heisler may be able to help. Over many years of practicing law, he has taken on big insurance companies for his clients and works hard to help them receive the compensation they deserve. If you’re tired of dealing with an insurance company that is pressuring you to sign documents you don’t fully understand, call attorney Steven H. Heisler today and put his experience to work for you.